Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sweet Nothings

Ok, peeps! I'm going to try to get this blog post done before it's time to make dinner - that's in T minus 50 minutes. Then maybe I can stop feeling bad for promising to keep up with this blog and then living too boring a life to actually do it.

Nothing new and exciting has been happening lately but I scrolled through my pictures and found some fun, inconsequential things to share with you all.

So, here it goes!

Maddie and I watched "Grease" last week. Ok, so we watched the first 15 minutes of "Grease," right up until the Pink Ladies had a slumber party and sang a song making fun of Sandra Dee while she was in the bathroom puking after Frenchie tried to pierce her ear (P.S. this movie is awesome!!). After said 15 minutes, Maddie got a little restless as she is probably not quite old enough to appreciate the story line just yet so we went into the bathroom and turned her into our very own little Sandra Dee. She looked super cute all day long, even if her shirt is clearly modeled after Warhol's "Campbell's Soup" piece which came about in the late 1960s while "Grease" was set in the late 1950s (Fun facts!). And on a side note, I learned that Ben has never seen the movie "Grease." I can add that to the list of classics he never experienced such as "I Love Lucy," "Mr. Ed," "Get Smart"...I'm sure the list goes on and on!!! He has seen parts of "E.T." and "The Wizard of Oz" so I guess we can stay married for a little longer! Here's our sweet little Sandra Dee:



I am working nights now (no, I have not lost my marbles). I actually work for two different companies that do the exact same thing - non medical senior care. Right now I work with two different women who are in nursing homes but need around the clock care. Basically, I sit and chat with them, provide companionship, keep them comfortable, and eventually watch them sleep. So far it has worked out because I am definitely a night person so it is very easy for me to stay up all night long even if I'm just sitting in a dark, silent room (usually I take a couple books, my phone, and my journal to keep me busy). Also, I get home in the morning, get the kids off to school, and then have a quiet house to sleep in for a few hours. What I would like to eventually do, when the kids are older and Maddie can babysit and drive them to and from school, is get my CNA license or medical assisting degree so I can go work in a nursing home and get paid a bit more (who am I kidding? I'd probably get paid a lot more!). The reason I want to wait until the kids are older is because I know that the nursing home schedules are less flexible. Right now, I can work as much or as little as I want and if it can be worked out with the other employees, I can easily get the hours that I need to be home with my babies whenever they are home and awake. Anyway! Here is a pic I took of the sunrise on my way home from work the other day. Believe it or not it is more enjoyable for  me to see the sunrise by staying up all night then by getting up early so this is something I rarely have seen in my life!


Last weekend was General Conference. I know some people like to have big breakfasts and get all sorts of activity books together for their kids but...I'm just not that cool so we got donuts before the Saturday morning session and then between sessions that afternoon we packed up a picnic lunch and headed to the park. We ran into some friends from church there and, after having a little chat, took our lunch down by the Little Duck River to eat. Of course, it is impossible for Bubba and water to coexist without there being some rock throwing involved so we hung out on the banks for a bit and let the kids throw rocks.

PRACTICING HER SKIPPING SKILLS


SEARCHING FOR THE PERFECT ROCK

THERE WERE NO BIG ROCKS ON  THE SHORE SO BUBBA DECIDED TO BRAVE THE DEEPER WATER

BEN...JUST BECAUSE HE'S SO HANDSOME
 This week I learned that despite the arguments that sometimes arise over absolutely ridiculous things, Maddie and Bubba really do love each other. Their relationship reminds me of my own relationship with my brothers and we were all definitely the best of friends growing up! This picture, and the implication that comes from it - that these two will be best friends - makes my heart so happy!!

FRIENDS FOREVER

Here they are in another loving moment which are beginning to outnumber the not so loving moments!


Hayes has been making amazing (!) strides with his speech since he began preschool! I am typically right there next to him ready to interpret any conversation that he has with someone but the last month or so I haven't had to translate at all. Every one can understand him!!! He has really slowed down and is pronouncing almost all of his consonants now! I think the one constant exception is "L" which he always replaces with a "W" (I believe that is still a normal substitution for his age though). I'm so excited for him!!!!! He has also learned to write his name and is obsessed with the letter "H" - he writes it on everything! Here is an example of his name writing skills....Hayes, not Hores!


And, I'm all out of time! The only thing I had left was pics of our other babies (the animals) but I won't bore you with those today because I am starving to death!!

Love you all! XOXO

No comments: